Unwanted hair can be a frustrating and time-consuming problem for many people.
Whether it’s excessive hair growth on the face, legs, underarms, or bikini area, removing unwanted hair can feel like a never-ending battle. Shaving, waxing, and plucking can be painful, time-consuming, and may not provide long-lasting results.
Fortunately, there is a solution that can help you achieve smooth, hair-free skin that lasts: laser hair removal.
Keep reading to learn more about laser hair removal and the things you have to do after undergoing the treatment to get the best possible results.
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a popular cosmetic treatment that uses concentrated beams of light to target and destroy hair follicles, preventing hair growth in the treated area. The procedure is safe and effective, and can provide long-lasting results with minimal downtime.
Unlike traditional hair removal methods, laser hair removal works on almost any part of the body, including the face, legs, arms, and bikini area.
What Do You Need to Do After Getting Laser Hair Removal?
Here are some important things that a patient should do after undergoing laser hair removal:
- Avoid direct and excessive sun exposure. After laser hair removal, it’s important to protect your skin against the sun’s harmful rays for at least two weeks. Sun exposure can increase the risk of hyperpigmentation and other complications, so be sure to wear sunscreen and protective clothing if you need to go outside.
- Expect some redness and irritation. It’s common to experience side effects in the treated area after laser hair removal. This should subside within a few hours to a few days, but you can apply a cold compress or aloe vera gel to soothe the area further if needed.
- Hair may continue to grow. While laser hair removal can provide long-lasting results, it’s possible for some hair to continue to grow in the treated area. This is because hair grows in cycles and some follicles may not have been in the active growth phase at the time of treatment. Additional sessions may be needed to achieve optimal results.
- Avoid waxing and plucking. After laser hair removal, it’s important to refrain from waxing, plucking, and threading the treated area. These methods can disrupt the hair follicles and interfere with the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Schedule follow-up appointments. To achieve the best results, it’s important to schedule follow-up appointments as recommended by your provider.
These appointments will allow your provider to assess your progress and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan.
- Be patient. Laser hair removal is a gradual process, and it may take several sessions to achieve your desired results. Be patient and consistent with your treatment plan, and you’ll be rewarded with smooth, hair-free skin over time.
Want to experience smooth, hair-free skin all year-round? Try laser hair removal!
Here at Luminare Aesthetics & Wellness, our expert providers have used innovative laser hair removal treatments to give countless patients in Blue Springs and Kansas City, MO, smooth, hair-free skin.
Schedule an appointment with us today to experience the same.