As time goes by, our skin begins to show signs of aging, particularly the effects of sun exposure and other environmental factors. Facial wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin can all contribute to a tired, aged appearance.
While there are many products and treatments available to help address these issues, one option, in particular, has gained widespread popularity.
We are talking about Botox®—a noninvasive and relatively painless treatment that can address the signs of aging.
Keep reading to learn more about this treatment – and why the winter season is the right time to start getting Botox®.
What is Botox®?
Botox® is a brand name for a type of botulinum toxin that is produced by the bacterium clostridium botulinum. It is a well-known injectable neuromodulator that is used to relax the facial muscles in order to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the skin.
How Does Botox® Work?
Botox® treatments work by blocking nerve signals that stimulate muscle contraction. When injected into a muscle, Botox® prevents the muscle from contracting, causing the wrinkles on the surface of the skin to relax and soften.
Why Should You Start Getting Botox® During the Winter Season?
Did you know that winter is the right time to start getting Botox®? Here are some of the reasons why you should start getting Botox® during the cold months:
- The winter season often means drier air, which can lead to dry skin and wrinkles. Botox® can help smooth out those wrinkles and give your skin a more youthful appearance.
- The cold weather can cause constriction of blood vessels, leading to a pale, dull complexion. Botox® can help improve circulation and give your skin a healthier, more radiant look.
- There’s less sunlight during the winter, making it easier for you to protect your skin from harsh exposure after getting the Botox® treatment.
- With shorter days and less sunlight, you may be spending more time indoors, which can lead to increased screen time (i.e. watching your favorite programs on smartphone, television and other gadgets) and potentially more wrinkles from squinting and frowning at screens. Botox® can help relax the muscles that cause wrinkles from repetitive facial expressions.
- Many people find that they have more downtime in the winter, making it a good time to schedule noninvasive procedures like Botox®. While you can go back to your daily routine right after your treatment, you can relax and recover at home without the pressure of summer activities or events.
The effects of Botox® are temporary and typically last for three to four months. After the effects of the treatment wear off, the facial muscles will gradually return to their normal function. Thus, follow-up treatments are needed to maintain your desired results.
Our qualified injectors here at Luminare Aesthetics & Wellness in Blue Springs and Kansas City, MO, have helped countless patients of varying ages fight the signs of aging or soften the look of wrinkles using Botox® – so that they can feel and look their best all the time.
Call now and schedule your appointment with us!