Wrinkles, fine lines, uneven skin tone, dead skin cells and dryness are all common skin concerns that can make you look older.
Some people opt for drastic procedures to improve their appearance. But did you know that a noninvasive option like regular facial treatments can also improve the health and appearance of your skin?
Keep reading and learn more about facials.
What is a Facial?
A facial is a cosmetic treatment for your facial skin often performed in a spa, salon, or your provider’s office. Specific products and techniques used can vary depending on skin types and concerns. A facial typically includes a variety of steps, such as:
This treatment can also include treatments like:
- Facial Masks
The goal of a facial is to improve the appearance and health of your skin (especially if you have acne-prone skin), making it look and feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
What Are the Common Types of Facials?
Facials can be a relaxing and indulgent experience, but many people find them to be a beneficial addition to their skin care routine.
Here are the different types of facials that you should definitely give a try:
- Balancing facials are designed to restore balance to the skin, specifically to address oily skin characterized by excess oil production, which can lead to clogged pores and acne.
A balancing facial treatment may include a variety of steps, such as deep cleansing, exfoliating, and toning, to help remove excess oil and impurities. The treatment may also include the use of products such as masks or serums to help regulate oil production and improve the overall texture and tone of the skin.
- Hydrating facials add moisture to the skin and improves overall hydration levels. Dry skin is characterized by a lack of moisture, which can lead to a variety of issues such as flakiness, itching, and a dull, aged appearance. A hydrating facial can help address these issues by providing the skin with the hydration it needs to look and feel healthy.
Regular hydrating facials can help improve the health and appearance of dry skin, leaving it looking and feeling soft, smooth, and radiant.
- Rejuvenating facials refresh and revitalize the skin, giving it a more youthful, radiant appearance. This type of facial can be helpful for those who are looking to improve the overall health and appearance of their skin or to address specific concerns such as fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, or dryness.
- Brightening facials are a type of facial treatment designed to improve the overall tone and brightness of the skin. They can be helpful for those who are looking to address issues such as uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation, or a dull, tired appearance.
- Collagen facials are designed to boost collagen production in the skin. Collagen is a protein that is found in the skin, hair, and nails, and it plays a key role in maintaining their strength and structure. As we age, collagen production naturally decreases, which can lead to issues such as wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin.
What Facial Treatments Do We Offer at Luminare Aesthetics & Wellness?
At Luminare Aesthetics & Wellness, we offer the following facials:
- Oxyglow by Oxygeneo Facial for Face or Back. It is a customized facial treatment that exfoliates, oxygenates, and infuses your skin with hydrating serums using ultrasound technology, giving you healthier, more radiant, and younger-looking skin.
- Luminare’s Signature Facial. An hour-long but relaxing deep cleaning treatment that will give you brighter skin.
- Hydrojelly Mask Facial. This can be an add-on to any of your facial treatments, so you can enjoy its multiple benefits, such as hydrating, smoothing, moisture retention, cleaning, exfoliating, conditioning, toning, and reducing inflammation.
- Dignified Facial for Men. A facial designed for men who want a fast and no-frills treatment. It includes a scrub and facial massage.
Here at Luminare Aesthetics & Wellness, our expert aestheticians have used relaxing, cutting-edge facials to give countless patients in Blue Springs and Kansas City, MO glowing, beautiful skin. They can definitely do the same thing for you!
Schedule an appointment with us today.